Trent Reznor fans demand apology from Liz Cheney
A look at the other side
By Carolyn B. Anderson and Matthew Dunphy for Leviathant's Inbox on November 8, 2009
I thought I would share with you two the information I provided to Elizabeth Cheney's organization, especially since you two found it very funny when Reznor went off the deep end (yet again).Best,
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: carolyn anderson
Date: Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 9:57 PM
Subject: Trent Reznor fans demand apology from Liz Cheney
"Itâ€™s almost laughable to think that heavy metal bands like Nine Inch Nails and Rage Against the Machine have a moral authority on national security issues."
Yes, it is very true that Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails has no moral authority on any issue and I hope Liz Cheney crushes the misogynist publicly. This past summer, Mr. Reznor told his female fans "how to cut their wrists" to commit suicide. Mr. Reznor is a very disturbed individual. See: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?59,731489
Here's a comical look at Mr. Reznor's recent behavior: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Trent_Reznor
ps: I'm a Democrat.Best regards, Carolyn Anderson
On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Matthew Dunphy
To each their own! Personally, I find it disappointing to see a Democrat contributing to "Keep America Safe" - while it's admirable that you at least linked to the context from which the text was taken, it's too bad you don't fully grasp the situation. I suppose it's not surprising that a NIN fan who's got a beef with Trent Reznor is also a Democrat willing to humor the likes of Liz Cheney.
Additionally, you CC'd the wrong address - we're collecting emails at firstname.lastname@example.org. That'll be -5 points for reading comprehension.
On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:23 PM, carolyn anderson
That'll be -100 points for reading comprehension for you Matthew Dunphy.
Please try reading and not assuming situations - I was never a Trent Reznor fan nor a fan of Nine Inch Nails. I am much older than you and have an advanced degree in International Affairs & Public Policy from the second highest rated program in the US. Additionally, I used to work for the United Nations with a high security clearance, so I fully grasp the situation. I never said that I was humoring Elizabeth Cheney, I fully support her comments regarding Nine Inch Nails and Rage Against the Machine. It is very childish and quite stupid to think that only one political party has a well-thought out idea and that an individual must support everything their party endorses.
No, I did not cc the wrong address, I don't send email unless it's under a person's name.
Maybe you should think about getting a GED.Best regards,
On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Matthew Dunphy
Nothing kickstarts my morning like a 'do as I say, not as I do' e-mail. I suppose you could write all that sneering off as being demonstrative.
So if you're not following Nine Inch Nails and/or Trent Reznor with some level of fantacism, how is it that you came across the two emails you decided to forward your letter to?
For the record, I find it amusing, if not a little sad, that someone who's apparently as old and experienced as you has taken to trolling the internet (via email, how quaint!) to create an situation where you can expound to strangers about where you've worked and how educated you are. Do you also write self-help books?
So with your advanced degree in International Affairs, you're telling me that Keep America Safe, run in part by Bill "we will be greeted as liberators" Kristol, (who's also made no bones about how we should also invade Iran) is "a well-thought out idea"?
I must say, I'm also surprised my email brought out the red pen. I'm surprised you didn't use my middle name, Mrs. Anderson! Kudos for not going full caps lock.
From: carolyn anderson
Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: Trent Reznor fans demand apology from Liz Cheney
To: Matthew Dunphy
Dear Mathew Dunphy,
Please do not contact me again, I have forwarded your harassing emails to the police.
1) If you re-read my email responses, there is no indication that I responded in a 'Do as I say, not as I do' manner. I have no idea where you came up with that notion. As for my email being sneering, re-read the email since I was correcting your wrong assumptions with actual verifiable facts about my background. Please note also, you are the one who decided to assign numeric points for reading comprehension although your assumptions clearly clouded your reading comprehension.
2) As for the two forwarded emails, I did a Google search to find the two email addresses. In fact, the webpage with your email address was the one that had information about your girlfriend having sex with Trent Reznor while she was dating you. I can see quite clearly why Elizabeth Cheney had a good laugh regarding moral authority. There is a great movie you should check out - Big Fan. The story follows an obsessive hardcore male football fan who gets beat up by his favorite player and must deal with the consequences. Sounds a bit like you, the man you are obsessing about steals your girl and you still obsess about him. Sad. I should point out here, that you are the one with the Nine Inch Nails fan website (which requires alot of work). I on the other hand, have never been to a Nine Inch Nails concert nor purchased any Nine Inch Nails music or products, so that rules out any fantacism. (verifiable through TicketMaster, bank/credit card statements, etc.)
3) As for trolling the internet, please grow up and learn some analysis and strategy skills. Elizabeth Cheney's remarks made international news. I emailed her organization to provide her actual documented facts regarding Trent Reznor's disturbing behavior so that she can cite it in the press next time she is asked about it. I forwarded the email to you and Papagolash since both have demonstrated online a level of fantacism. No, I don't write self-help books but I suggest that you read a couple since you are in your 30s and spend an enormous amount of time on a rock band music website.
4) As for a discussion regarding a "a well-thought out idea" regarding political and security issues, I will decline since you have demonstrated that you reading comprehension is very low, your assumptions cloud your judgement, and it would be similiar to a discussion with a 3 year old.
5) Yes, I highlighted my statement in red since your reading comprehension is poor and perhaps it would catch your attention.- Carolyn Anderson